Britney Spears Files for Divorce

November 10, 2006 | Comments 98

US pop star Britney Spears has filed for divorce from her dancer husband Kevin Federline, according to court documents published in the US today.

The 24-year-old former teen idol, who married Federline in 2004, will seek custody of the couple’s two children, one-year-old Sean Preston and two-month-old Jayden James, the documents lodged at the Los Angeles County Superior Court said.

Spears’ lawyers cited “irreconcilable differences” for the split, however friends of the singer have said there was no single reason for the divorce, rather “a string of events”.

Filed Under: News

About the Author:

RSSComments (98)

Leave a Reply | Trackback URL

1. Theresa says:

I honestly don’t know why you married Kevin if you even know what Marriage is. Marriage is a lifelonging important thing in your lives, (i don’t believe in divorce)Okay from the beinning I didn’t know why you had to marry him so quickly, if you think a guy you love deeply and you know that you both will be around and loving each other all the way so what is the rush into marriage, there’s plenty of time. Okay I’ll tell you something, I have been together with my fanciable husband for 7 years and only had 5 years of happy times, 2 years were that we hated each other and couldn’t stand each other, but now we are falling in love again and loving every moment of it. Just to let you know that. That is what marriage is all about. Hope this is something interesting for you to know. Good luck and try to enjoy your life and kids. T x

2. JC says:

Kevin is a Bitch!!!!!!!!!
    By the way,I come from China,you can call me Cishine~~~~~`

3. Sandra says:

WOW!! These comments are all over the board!

4. Tjuday says:

you go girl he was a loser and thank got your boys look like you

5. kinetic says:

I’m sick of seeing this ugly cow. She needs to touch up her hair roots, get rid of her festering pimples,have liposuction on her flabby face, neck and body and replace her hideous bitten nails and toenails with fake nails. Then all she has to do is get some talent, a nice personality and stop letting her genitals fall out when she gets out of cars.

6. Kristin says:

good for you. i just hope its what you want or whats best for your children. i belive you know the answer to that and I dont think the world should know that answer. i have always admired you. and still do. some may call you names while other just laugh but dont forget about the ones who just think of you as a mother, proformer, singer, songwriter, friend,daughter, sister, and family member. Your still young ,so dont worry about the tabloids or media, countinue having fun and being you. however, thats a lot to deal with on your plate right now. but remimber God never gives us batles we cant fight. As for the media “LEAVE HER ALONE” . if Betty from down the street got divorced whould she be on the national enquire? NO!, well Britney is human just like everyone eles. Britney you know you have fans backing you up all the way, (as well as your family)
    Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas

7. Chelsey says:

im happy 4 u i really think you’ll do better even if like the papers say ur a little funny lol but magazines lye alot but w/e makes u happy u go for!!

8. Julie says:

I’m so happy !!! Kevin is really a looser.
    Britney please come soon with your new album !

9. jen says:

i reli think kevin is cute…. n he’s reli reli hot!

10. stella says:

i love kevin!

11. morpeus says:

iloveyou britne…
    keep moving and i cant wait for your newest album right?!

12. Jordan says:

Thank god Britney!
    Next time listen to what the public has to say to.

13. Jeff Hamilton says:

Kevin is such a no-talent looser, he only has an album because he rode Britney’s fame and used her connections. She is a GODDESS and he is like a plague on her. It burns me up that they put his ugly face on WWE, ’cause he sucks and cant sing. All he did was lay around and sponge off of Britney. He would have no fame at all, if not for Britney’s fame!
    Congatulations and WAY TO GO BRITNEY! You Rock!

14. Alison says:

hey britney.. hows it going i have never cared wat people were saying bout u… i heared about u and keven.. he is just a jerk and u deserve more than that..i hope u have a better life and a great 2oo7.. you will always be my hero no matter what happens..and lets just say keven’s singing sucks he won’t be one in the future lol…your the best britney to me and all ur other fans who believe in u

15. hannah says:

oooh…what took you sooo long..i dont even know why you married the loser in the first place.the guy is after your money..come on girl where is the britney spears that we use to know..the smart one!!!
    good luck with the divorce thing,and one advice please,try and cut the party thing out for awhile,he might used that to go after me girl,ive been there..welcome back!!!!! go britney,go britney…..

16. Eva says:

You were true…. that’s why it hurts… but you will get over it girl… I promise, and you will come out of it stronger… i wish you the ebst with your babies… Just take some time off, away from the papparazzi, so you can get better, and focus on your carreer, go to a spa, meditate, do rehab, get a coach, talk to anthony robbins, whatever, but do something.
    Now you are overwhelmed and trying to cope.. you need to slow down

17. rosalie says:

please Britney…Justin is single again!!your first true LOVE..hello!isn’t it a obvious why a month after you divorce k-fed,he split with the old duck! of course,he knows you already divorce k-fed that’s why he split cam…

trust me Brit..Justin will be a good step dad to your cute little boys..and most especially..we want to see again the sweetest smile on earth that you possess when your still with Justin!

Bring Sexy BacK..Baby!!

18. Hillary says:

Britney all I can say to you is that since I was in grade 4 I’ve looked up to you!!! I’m now graduated out of high school! You were my role model as a young girl and I really hope you read this!!! Your desire to be a good mother no matter what the tabliods say, is a current ongoing thing that any girl or woman can look up to! I know you’ve had your share of tears with and the break up and paparazzi but, girl I want you to know, no matter what magazines or t.v shows say about you, I know Canada still loves you! Every person I know still loves you!!! Baby its life and its hard but what doesn’t kill you only make you stronger!!! I love you sooo much Brit! I know that the Britney I look up to will come through it all! I want my kids to experience you as the role model I do!!! Have faith in you always!

19. sercooo says:

thanks god this man is very terrible I’m happy for britney you are good mother

20. Bianca says:

I’m Glad you and Kevin are through. You should have stayed with Justin he’s a much nicer man. well good luck with your career

21. Rebecca says:

Thank goodness britney that you divorce him,Everyone knew he just wanted YOU!!!for your money.He is a lowlife person to want to Blackmail you with the tape of your Honeymoon.And he want,s spousal support he doesn,t need spousal support, A matter a fact I hope everyone out there agress with me that HE SHOULD PAY YOU CHILD SUPPORT Weather you need it or not.He doesnt want the 25mil. Than HE should pay you 50mil inChild support,EVERY MONTH. Just like everyone else who gets a divorce,and has to pay child support weather its a man or woman. Go Get Him Britney . What does every one think? Kevin NEEDS to pay Child Support,

22. yo britney i love you so much….love ya..please visit our contry

23. peanut says:

dont do it brit.he has gave u kids.

24. peanut says:

u r pretty. u do what ever you want to it is your business

25. cazual_dream says:

Britney. Only person who can save yourself is you. If you love your kids, you should love yourself first.

26. mer says:

britney must come back to justin…kevin just a looser…:(

27. Pear says:

Emo_Butterfly x !

28. k says:

i give her my support
    i looooooooooove her

29. Slave says:

do you wanna be affiliate with ? I wait for email :)

30. SHANNA says:

I just wanna say fuck Kevin Federline! hes DONE NOTHING FOR BRITNEY! all he has done was ruin her life. He is a piece of shit. His music sucks. He doesnt give a shit about the kids. He did britney like he did his ex wife but he left his ex wife while she was fn pregnant Britney is WAY to good for Kevin! kevin is a slum bag who got britney on drugs! he should be kicked in the ass hes so retarded!

31. Steph says:

Hang in there…I hope the press leaves you alone soon. Whatever issues you have, we have all been there. I can only imagine the pain you must be dealing with, losing your life partner, having children, the media…it is all so painful, I can only imagine what it must be like to go through it all under the media microscope. You are human! You make mistakes! Alcohol, drugs…you were trying to numb the pain. I hope you get better soon, you are a talented performer.

32. Anon says:

She’s obviously out of her mind.. And right now I would award custody of the kids to kevin until she gets her act together. She had something so previous that people look up to her as a role model but flipped out…For whatever reason no excuse.. It just tarnished her name. She should of stuck with Madonna *roll eyes* Fame got her no where but crazy and insane. For a talented person.. You sure put your talents to waste. And that’s very disappointed. After the Beef between who was better Simpson and Aguleria Showed you off. Which is pathetic because you were on top of them. But you didn’t stay ahead you fell behind. Now look at you. Get your Sh*t together.

33. Jamie Spears says:

She is moust beautifful woman that i know…
    shee is very talented and she is my big sister..
    i am sick of thouse people that destroid her

34. nardos says:

she is the most talented and most atractive singer that i know more about her and now i feel sorry about her i hope she will came again.still i am waiting her new musics.

35. sammi12333 says:

hello britney this is not good for u . i think u r life in dangerous now.

36. elizabeth says:

i cant write good in english,please dont make fan of me. britney ,i love man and i have no energy to go.same garbage like kevin. free women,maybe in extrem pain,love is pain,phycicli,mentali.

37. omar says:

the best we get is more than a live one threat.

38. omar says:

farther the part arround inside ,is the beatcher diecd causes getting sharing peace inside.

39. omar says:

disere out in wind lead the run, send were find mind come ……..sencser.

40. omar says:

weak to fiugre the rest in both sides of run wast as the always come right where you are.

41. omar says:

all bettwen you stand every called ten old humear.

42. OMAR says:

43. Your personal posting, “Britney Spears Files for Divorce” was in fact truly worth commenting down here in the comment
    section! Simply just wanted to state u did a tremendous job.

44. I know this site provides quality dependent posts and additional information, is there
    any other website which provides these kinds of
    data in quality?

45. Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar
    one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam comments?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.

46. Hana aircraft accident happens, South Korea east Asian journal of TV channel to channel “A” was glad when the news anchors on the 7th in the two victims rather than for the Chinese Korean

47. I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog
    and was wondering what all is required to get
    set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I’m not very web savvy so I’m not 100% sure. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

48. liposuccion says:

No way to get out of the lunch, but you don’t want to screw your diet up.
    For these reasons and more, do yourself a favor, and drink organic wheatgrass powder.
    The findings of this study were confirmed by other studies
    conducted in both Japan and Korea.